General Information about Cookies
- A cookie is a small file typically consisting of a string of letters and numbers that is sent by our web server to your web browser (e.g. Chrome or Safari), and is then stored by the browser. Each time the browser requests a page from the server, it sends this small file back to the server so that the server can distinguish and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and improve the experience for returning users.
- Cookies can be either ‘session cookies ‘or ‘persistent cookies’. A session cookie will expire, be deleted, at the end of the user session, when you close your web browser. A persistent cookie will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until a set expiry date (unless you go in and manually delete it before the expiry date).
- To recognise your device when you visit our websites;
- To log on and register on our websites:
- To improve our websites’ usability;
- To analyse the use of our websites;
- To link to email marketing campaigns;
- To improve the security of our websites; and
- For the general administration of our websites.
Cookies on our website
- We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on this website. Session cookies are those delete themselves when you leave the site. Persistent cookies are those that last for up to two years after you first visit our website. The specific cookies that we use are:
- Registration, Login and Application cookies, which are persistent cookies
- Social media cookies, which are session cookies
- Performance and tracking cookies
- Analytics cookies, which are persistent cookies
- Device Cookies, which are persistent cookies
- Most cookies we use are persistent cookies to give you a better experience and service, as well as making it more secure.
- For your information these are the cookies active on our website
Cookie: NGS Find a Garden and Shopping Basket State
This cookie is used when you use Find a Garden and/or visit the Shop area of our website. It is used to store the criteria for your current garden search and also stores your shopping basket prior to checkout. This cookie is destroyed when you close your browser.
More Info: Visit the Microsoft website
Cookie: Hide Cookie Message
If you click to hide the cookie message, this cookie will be created to record the fact that you have clicked the hide button.
Cookie: NGS Website Survey
These cookies will be created when you first visit the NGS website in order to display a survey to you on your next visit to the site. The actual survey is conducted via the SurveyMonkey website and we have no control over what cookies survey monkey creates or how they are used.
Name: dont_show_yet_*, seen_*
More Info: Click here for an overview of privacy at SurveyMonkey
Cookie: Google Analytics
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Name: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz
More Info: Click here for an overview of privacy at Google
- Analytics are persistent cookies that allow us to recognise, count the number of visitors, and provide anonymous data about how our visitors use our websites.
- Using analytics cookies helps us improve the way our websites work and navigate, ensuring that users are able to find what they are looking for without difficulty. No personally identifiable data is collected about you.
- For further information on analytics cookies, please click here.
- We use a persistent cookie to understand what device you are using and make sure the website is displayed correctly.
- We use this in conjunction with the VID cookie to keep track of the logged in entity. It allows us to identify the secure zone where the entity is logged in.
- A secure area for is created for each candidate and we use the VID cookie to ensure candidates log into their correct secure area.
Managing and Blocking Cookies
- You can block some or all cookies by activating the setting on your browser. If you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our websites. This may impair your ability to fully utilise our websites.
- More information about cookies can be found on the website http://www.aboutcookies.org. This also gives details on how to delete cookies from your device. For information on how to do this on your smart mobile phone or tablet browser, please consult your device’s manual, or manufacturer.
- More information can be found here: http://docs.businesscatalyst.com/reference/misc/bc-cookies.html.
- By clicking “CLOSE” on the cookie banner, you agree to the placement of cookies on your device, unless you actively block them. If you choose not to receive our cookies, we cannot guarantee that your experience will be as fulfilling as it would otherwise be, in fact you might not be able to access any or all of the website. Once your consent has been provided, this message will not appear again when you revisit. If you, or another user of your computer, wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you can do so by altering your browser settings.
If you have any questions about our cookies or this cookies policy please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of Policy: May 2nd 2018