Teddy’s rosemary and lemon biscuits
Wed 04 Jul 2018
One of the big draws at any National Garden Scheme opening is the refreshments, especially the home made cakes and biscuits. One of our youngest supporters, Teddy, aged 2, recently baked some delicious rosemary and lemon biscuits and sold them at Satin Lane Allotments, raising the fantastic total of £20.39! Here is his recipe.
- 55g caster sugar
- 1 tsp rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 115g softened unsalted butter
- The zest of one unwaxed lemon
- 170g plain flour
- Preheat oven to 150°C and set aside a non-stick baking tray (or a tray lined with greaseproof paper).
- Mix together the softened butter, sugar, chopped rosemary and lemon zest.
- Gradually add the flour to form a stiff dough.
- Place the dough on a sheet of greaseproof paper and place another sheet on top (to stop it sticking).
- Roll out the dough until it’s around 3-5mm thick.
- Use a cutter of your choice to press out biscuit shapes and carefully transfer to the baking tray.
- Prick the biscuits with a fork and bake in the centre of the oven for around 12 minutes (or until light brown).
- Allow to cool on a rack and dust with a little more caster sugar.
- Eat when cool.