The National Garden Scheme Photographic Competition
Thu 27 Jul 2017
Calling all budding photographers and garden enthusiasts! The National Garden Scheme is running a photographic competition as part of its 90th anniversary celebrations, aimed at gardener lovers, visitors and photographers. The aim of the competition is to promote high quality and beautiful photography, whilst sharing the stunning gardens open for the National Garden Scheme.
The competition is free to enter and there are multiple categories and prizes. These are:
- Best Overall Photo: Amateur Category – A visit to Mary Berry’s garden with four friends
- Best Overall Photo: Professional Category – A signed copy of Mary Berry’s latest cook book
- Celebrating National Garden Scheme Gardens – A book bundle from the National Garden Scheme, including a signed copy of Mary Berry’s latest cook book.
- Gardens for Health – A Spa day
- BBC Gardener’s World Magazine ‘Fantastic Flowers’ – £500 of STIHL cordless garden tools or accessories out of the winner’s choice
- Investec – Out of the Ordinary: Best Garden Photo (only open to Investec Clients and Employees) – £100 of John Lewis gift vouchers
August is a great month to see the variety of gardens the National Garden Scheme has to offer, from larger estate gardens with bold herbaceous borders to smaller gardens with inspired planting, there is something for everyone. Amateur and Professional photographers can find something to be inspired by at each of our gardens.
Leigh Clapp, Professional Photographer and competition judge, gives her advice on photographing a National Garden Scheme garden “The variety of planting on offer allows you to look at garden design elements, combinations of plants, down to tiny details. Try to observe the gardens from different angles and perspectives, let your creativity loose and experiment to catch the essence of the space.”
All entries must be submitted digitally through the National Garden Scheme email address email@example.com or via the website www.ngs.org.uk/photo. Professional photographers may only enter the ‘Gardens for Health’ and ‘Celebrating National Garden Scheme Gardens’ categories. The winner will be announced during the week commencing 11 September 2017. The full terms and conditions are available here: https://www.ngs.org.uk/get-involved/photography-competition/photography-competition-terms-conditions/
- Since its foundation in 1927, The National Garden Scheme has donated over £50 million to its beneficiaries to date
- This year the National Garden Scheme has donated £3 million to its beneficiary charities in 2017
- Charities supported by the National Garden Scheme include the Queen’s Nursing Institute, Macmillan Cancer Support, Marie Curie, Hospice UK, Carers Trust, Perennial, Parkinson’s UK and MS Society. Further donations are also made.
- Registered Charity 1112664