Calling all amateur photographers and garden enthusiasts!
The National Garden Scheme is running its second annual photography competition in association with BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine – and we’d like you to take part!
Submit photographs taken at National Garden Scheme garden openings held between 15th March and 28th August 2018 to be in with a chance of winning a great selection of prizes worth over £950 from our sponsors, WOLF-Garten.
There are six categories to get creative with and the winning image of the BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine: Fantastic Flowers category will appear in the magazine’s 2019 calendar. The judging panel will be George Plumptre, CEO of National Garden Scheme, a professional photographer and Lucy Hall, editor of BBC Gardeners’ World magazine.
So don’t delay, take your camera or phone along to a garden opening and get snapping – and don’t forget to tag us in to your posts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, using #ngscomp18
Photos that show a beautiful garden in an urban setting.
Photos that capture beautiful garden features, which aren’t just about plants.
BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine: Fantastic Flowers
Photos of individual plants, plant combinations or whole borders.
Beautiful Garden Views
Photos that show a wide shot of a garden and how it relates to the landscape in which it sits.
Photos that show garden wildlife at work – bees, butterflies, birds and more.
People in Gardens
Photos that show a garden in action with visitors enjoying the space.
- Judges will shortlist the Best Overall Photo from all submissions and the winner will receive a WOLF-Garten 72v lithium bundle, including lawnmower, leaf blower, hedge trimmer, and grass trimmer, worth £950.
- The winner of each category receives £100 to spend on the current WOLF-Garten range (including cutting tools, cultivating tools, power tools etc.).
The WOLF-Garten gardening tool collection offers the total solution from lawn care, soil and cultivation, tree and shrub care through to general garden maintenance. From large ride on lawn tractors to the innovative multi-change® system, WOLF-Garten has the right tool for the job.
For more information about WOLF-Garten products and to find your local stockists, visit www.wolfgarten-tools.co.uk
- All photos entered must be taken at a National Garden Scheme open garden between 15 March and 28 August 2018
- Entries must be sent via www.ngs.org.uk/photo
- Submission must include a description of the garden (up to 100 words), the name of the garden the photo was taken in, and the county
- Garden owners are not permitted to enter photographs taken in their garden, but are free to enter photographs taken at other National Garden Scheme garden openings.
- All entrants must be amateur photographers
- Full terms and conditions