6-acre garden on site of Cluniac monastery and Norman Shaw mansion. Kitchen, chess, water and wild gardens. Fine trees in park; woodland walks. Developed for over 30yrs with changes always in progress.
Visitors welcome by arrangement May to July for groups of 10+. Not evenings or weekends. Admission £6.00, children free. Tea Coffee/tea & biscuits £1.
The Trevor-Jones Family
How to find us
Preen Manor, Church Preen, Shropshire, SY6 7LQ
6m W of Much Wenlock. From A 458 Shrewsbury to Bridgnorth road turn off at Harley follow signs to Kenley and Church Preen. From B4371 Much Wenlock to Church Stretton road go via Hughley to Church Preen.
More about Preen Manor
Rodgersias, Primula japonica, Rhododendron pontica and magnificent yews and cedars create a noble setting on the banks which fall away from the former manor house, beside pools and stream. The formal gardens include a pretty cottage garden, chess garden, pebble garden and woodland garden. Gazebo complete with parrot and cat. Small potager and orchard. Extensive walks in the adjacent woodlands, lovely views. Some of the present garden is a re-creation of the old Victorian garden and some built amongst the ruins of the Cluniac cell that stood here from 1150 - 1850. The present house is the third to be built on this historic site. The monastic buildings were demolished in 1850 to make way for a large Victorian manor house designed by Norman Shaw which was demolished in 1920. The present house has old origins and has been extended.