Gardens laid out in 1912 by Sir Edwin Lutyens and Gertrude Jekyll. Garden designs evolved during culmination of their partnership and considered one of their most complex. Extensively restored and replanted by current owners assisted by Dan Pearson. Recently reopened for private group visits which include 1½ hour guided tour and refreshments.
Visitors welcome by arrangement Tue 13, Wed 14 June for private tours for groups of 12 only. Limited availability. Admission £25.00. Pre-booking essential, please phone 01483 211535. Tea & home-made pastries.
Please note paths are uneven and there are many sets of steps between areas of the garden. Sorry no dogs.
How to find us
7m SW of Reading. From A4 between Reading & Newbury (2m W of M4 J12) take road marked Sulhamstead at The Spring Inn. Restricted car parking.