The National Gardens Scheme opens many gardens to the public, many of which are not normally accessible to the public. Garden visiting in order to raise funds for charity is part of our national heritage which relies on large scale support from the visiting public, individuals, companies and garden owners. The funds raised by NGS are unrestricted which means that the beneficiary charity can use them for projects that are difficult to raise funds for. The NGS continues to increase its charity donations annually.
We are aiming to raise over £2.6 million in 2012 through our gardens and we need your support to help us reach this target.
Ways in which you can help support this unique heritage and increase donations to charity are as follows:-
1. Buy the Yellow Book or give it as a gift.
2. Visit NGS Gardens and encourage your friends and family to do the same.
3. Open your garden with the NGS.
4. Make a donation to support the NGS. You can do this online, by post or at a garden.
5. Become a Corporate Supporter.
6. Remember NGS in your will.
7. Volunteer your time.
Buy The Yellow Book
Buy The Yellow Book, published every February and available from all good bookshops or direct from the NGS via our website or telephone 01483 211535
Visit A Garden
Make time to visit some NGS gardens this year and spread the news about visiting to your friends and family.
There are 3 easy ways to find out when and where gardens are open:
1. Check www.ngs.org.uk and search by date/area/garden type, or whatever interests you
2. Use the Yellow Book to find a garden near you.
3. Find our quick reference County Leaflets. These guides list gardens in your area. Normally available from libraries, garden centres, tourist offices and bookshops.
Open Your Garden
The National Gardens Scheme welcomes all gardens of horticultural interest regardless of their size. If you think you could open your garden and raise funds, why not discuss the possibility with our friendly volunteer team. You can also download our information leaflet or call 01483 211535 for further details.
Make A Donation
Give to NGS and help not just one charity, but many. To make a donation, go to donate online.
Become A Corporate Supporter
In return for your company’s support and partnership working, NGS can offer a range of benefits with a package suitable to you and your company.
Click here for further details of our corporate supporters.
Leave A Gift In Your Will To The NGS
A legacy left to the National Gardens Scheme will enable us to continue opening gardens into the future and thus continue to increase charitable donations. The heritage and culture of the NGS is unique in fundraising, not just bringing communities together but also providing consistent income to charities which have increased needs today.
Volunteer Your Time
NGS is always looking for more volunteers to support the county teams in their work to help find gardens, open them and publicise them. If you think you can help, please click here.